3D Mobile Mapping Market is forecast to reach $4.6 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR 32.4% from 2020 to 2025. Increasing awareness of inventory and asset management, increasing adoption of mobile mapping devices, infrastructural development of telecommunications networks and the adoption of mobile mapping technology for various applications, such as automatic detection of traffic lights, road signs, walking routes and asset management and tracking are some of the major drivers of 3D mobile mapping market. Global 3D Mobile Mapping demand is projected to report strong growth led by consumption in major emerging markets. More prospects for development will arise in coming years, suggesting a rapid pace of change. Through sustainable transformation, innovation, efficient pricing, companies quickly adapting to this growing environment are emerging as top performers and it is expected to boost the market growth in the forecast period. Mobile Mapping is growing positively as the most ideal method for collecting data and creating accurate 3-D models which can be used by different vertical industries in various applications. The growing use of mobile devices that include mapping and navigation technology is the primary driver of this market’s growth in demand. With the introduction of mapping apps within wearable technology, the demand for mobile mapping is expected to expand significantly in the years to come.
- Mobile mapping is growing positively as the most ideal way to collect data and to construct accurate 3-D models that can be used in various applications by different vertical industries.
- The growing usage of mobile devices which include mapping and navigation technology is the primary driver of the growth in demand in this market. The demand for mobile mapping is expected to increase substantially in the years to come with the advent of mapping apps within wearable technology.
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) sometimes fails to function properly inside buildings because of weak satellite signals. The service providers use the magnetic fields, radio waves, beacons and other mobile sensors to identify objects.
- Mainly driving market growth is the use of mobile mapping to collect geospatial data in North American countries. Increasing ownership of smartphones equipped with global positioning systems (GPS) in the United States, Canada and Mexico is also a major contributor to market growth in the North American market.
- Growing complexity of mobile mapping technology has allowed the mobile mapping market to be widely accepted and is expected to be the primary booster for the global mobile mapping industry in the years ahead.
By Type – Segment Analysis
During the forecast period indoor mapping segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of x%. The indoor mapping segment is the fastest growing segment for the enterprise users in the 3D mobile mapping market. This market is expected to expand as companies need hyperlocal ads and consumer insight to compete with online shopping areas. However, due to weak satellite signals, the Global Positioning System (GPS) does not function properly inside buildings. Magnetic fields, radio waves, beacons, and other mobile sensors are used by the service providers to identify objects.
By End-User- Segment Analysis
During the forecast period the Logistics & Transportation segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.6%. Currently the market for mobile mapping is growing with consistent technological advances. Transportation and logistics are rapidly using mobile mapping tools to improve their operational performance, incorporate and track mobile services, and are the market’s largest contributor of revenue. In virtually any area of life, GIS will also assist in achieving transport excellence. This greatly leads more efficiently to the preparation, control and management of complex processes involved in transport planning and management. GIS helps to recognize capability upgrades, optimize processes and determine the necessary important investments for sustaining the transport network. The use of GIS in transportation is widespread. The major areas of applications include highway maintenance, traffic modeling, accident analysis, and route planning and thus it is expected to boost the market growth.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
North America currently dominates the global 3D Mobile Mapping market with a share of more than 39%. The factors that support this market growth are the growing number of companies using mapping application and Location-Based Services (LBS) to improve their competitiveness along with the increasing awareness of mobile mapping services among clients. The through use of mobile mapping to gather geospatial data in the countries of North America is driving market growth in the main. Increasing ownership of smartphones equipped with global positioning systems (GPS) in the US, Canada and Mexico is also contributing significantly to the growth of the market in this area. In the US, the demand for mobile mapping technology in the transportation sector to facilitate high-precision long-range mapping, capture road barrier data, analyze road surface, identify overhead wires, light poles, and signs along with route evaluation drives market development.
Drivers – 3D Mobile Mapping Market
- Increasing complexity of mobile mapping
Increasing complexity of mobile mapping technology has allowed the mobile mapping market to be widely accepted, and is expected to be the critical booster for the global mobile mapping industry in the coming years. A steady flow of product development investment as well as research activities in the mobile mapping sector has been a very significant booster for the global 3D mobile mapping market. Growing interest in tech firms and handset behemoth in mobile mapping apps is therefore expected to be a big booster for the global mobile mapping industry in the years ahead.
- Development of the logistics and transportation segment
Growth of the segment of logistics and transport is also expected to be a crucial boosting factor for the future of the global mobile mapping industry. Mobile mapping provides important advantages in the segment of logistics and transportation, where it can be used to track items in live time, reducing the chances of the object being lost. It is also expected that the steady push of the automotive industry towards technically refined vehicles will assist the global mobile mapping market, as the increasing amalgamation of handset connectivity in automotive design has enabled the global mobile mapping market to increase demand for mobile mapping.
Challenges – 3D Mobile Mapping Market
- Issues in Connection
The ground-based mobile device GPS system would be subject to major outages during acquisition. Although it is undesirable to lose the satellite lock, it is almost inevitable during most mobile mapping applications. Tall buildings are evident in major urban applications, it can have a similar effect to pass large trucks on roadways or drive under overhanging vegetation. And overpasses typically result in a complete loss of GPS data for a few seconds. These type of problems are expected to hinder the market growth of 3D Mobile mapping.
Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in 3D Mobile Mapping Market. 3D Mobile Mapping Market is expected to be dominated by major companies such as Microsoft, Apple Inc., AutoNavi Software Co., Ltd., Baidu, Inc., Black & Veatch Holding Company, Cyclomedia Technology B.V., EveryScape, Inc., FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions, Foursquare Labs, Inc., Garmin Ltd., Google LLC, Hexagon AB, Trimble Inc.
- In June 2020, Kaarta launches GNSS-aligned mobile mapping program Stencil Pro.
- In May 2020, Velodyne Lidar, Inc. reported that the NavVis VLX wearable mobile indoor mapping device, is equipped with Velodyne lidar sensors to capture 3D measurements of high quality data. NavVis VLX is designed for capturing reality in complex constructed environments such as building sites and multi-level towers.