Anionic Surfactants Market size is forecast to reach $21.20 Billion by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 3.9% during 2020-2025. Owing to a strong demand increase, driven by the simultaneous growth of end use industry such as home care, building and pharmaceuticals, among others, the Anionic surfactants Market is projected to increase momentum. The personal care and home care sector have grown tremendously in recent years as the population has risen, people’s incomes per capita have increased and living standards in the Asia-Pacific have been increasing.
- The increasing number and the rising need for greener and renewable surfactants to fuel demand development are the rise in the home care, personal care, energy, gas, building, textiles, agriculture and food manufacturing industry. In the anionic surfactant industry, a high population and increasing affluence level are important for production.
- There are also notable negative properties for anionic surfactants which have a negative effect on global business development. Anionic surfactants are, for example, skin irritants, and may hinder consumer development over the projected period by stringent regulatory restrictions surrounding personal care goods and the pharmaceutical industry.
- In the anionic surfactant industry, R&D activities anionic surfactants are listed as a key phenomenon. Rapid environmental change, a huge influence on the future of the planet, and its inhabitants, has contributed to the need for greener and environmentally safe surfactants owing to hazardous chemical compounds. Bio surfactants R&D programs investigate novel environmentally-friendly and safe raw material and formulations possibilities.
- Industrial & Institutional cleaning sector faced the prospect of a deep recession triggered by the effects of lockdowns slowing the spread of the novel corona virus (COVID-19) across most of the world. Many centers were shut down and consequently, the market for anionic surfactant practically plummeted in many places for a period of time.
Type – Segment Analysis
Linear alkylbenzene sulfonate type holds the largest share in Anionic Surfactants Market in 2019. In the area of domestic detergents as well as in computational industrial applications, linear alkylbenzenes sulfonate (LAS), the world’s largest organic surfactant that contains different salts of sulfonated alkylbenzenes, is commonly used. The trend of use of liquid laundry detergents in North America indicates an increasing choice by customers, although in West European, Japan and China powders are the dominant products. Many parts of the world usually do not provide equivalent and accurate results. LAS is mainly used in washing powders (especially in India and Indonesia) and manual washing liquids in these less-developed areas of the world over Lignosulfonates, Sarcosinates, Alpha Olefin Sulfonates.
Application – Segment Analysis
Household application holds the largest share in Anionic Surfactants Market in 2019, is growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during forecast period 2020-2025. Substances are one of several common detergent compounds. They are used to remove soil, especially in kitchens and bathrooms, from skin, clothes and houseware. They are also commonly used in commercial applications. The term surfactant comes from the term surface active element. Natural and synthetic alcohols are the result of anionic surfactants. Owing to their good washing efficiency and foaming effects, they serve primarily as key surfactants in the detergent and cleaning industry and as cleaning agents.
Geography – Segment Analysis
APAC dominated the Anionic Surfactants Market share with more than 35% in 2019, followed by North America and Europe. The household detergent market includes laundry detergents, dishwasher detergents, prespotters, carpet cleaners, and fabric softeners. This segment consumes almost half of the total surfactant demand of the Chinese and Indian market. Due, to the demand for personal care, driven primarily by the influence of the West, is growing strongly in the Asia-Pacific region. This leads to the increased use of cosmetics by women, increased awareness that it is possible to present due to the increased employment of women and the awareness of hygiene, which has increased the production of such products in the region.
Drivers – Anionic Surfactants Market
- Growth in end-use industries
There are a increasing population of household cleaning agents, anionic surfactants are being used primarily in household detergents, which suggests that over the projected era, the global demand in anionic surfactants is anticipated to rise considerably. It is also expected that the rising demand of personal care products globally fuels consumer growth over the projected era. The key factors driving demand development during the timeframe predicted for modern, advanced processes utilizing surfactants. The Government’s health and pharmaceutical policies are projected to fuel the growth of anionic surfactants industry on a global level coupled with the growing demand for pharmaceutical goods. In addition, rapid growth is anticipated in the global market of the oil & gas, textile and personal care industries with the widespread use of anionic surfactants.
- Increasing need for greener and sustainable surfactants
The global surfactants market is primarily dominated by chemical surfactants derived from oleo chemical or petrochemical sources. However, owing to growing concerns for environmental protection and human wellbeing, policymakers and surface producers are centered in every application on the move to green and sustainable goods. This has culminated in strong demand for renewable goods that present a marginal hazard to ecosystem in contrast with industrial, natural poisonous and bio-accumulative petroleum products in the marine world. Owing to their high degree of protection and biodegradability, these surfactant forms are deemed eco-friendly raw materials. Consequently, producers are eager to respond to the growing change of their goods utilizing green solutions.
Challenges – Anionic Surfactants Market
- Stringent government regulations on toxic chemicals
The development of the demand for anionic surfactants is projected to be limited due to growing environmental issues worldwide. Strict limits on health and protection have been implemented by governments. Constant R&D programs are sponsored to constantly tackle this problem, create technologies and goods that aid them in capturing the bulk of the business. Bio-based anionic tensile agents are projected to diversify the product segments and continue to further expand the sector.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Anionic Surfactants Market. In 2019, the market of Anionic Surfactants has been consolidated by the top ten seven players accounting for XX% of the share. Major players in the Anionic Surfactants Market are Akzonobel N.V., BASF SE, Clariant AG, DowDuPont, Evonik Industries AG, Croda International, Stepan Company, Huntsman Corporation, Kao Corporation, and Galaxy Surfactants and among other.
- In March 2017, Evonik Industries AG (Germany) launched a new product Surfynol 355 surfactant for application as a wetting agent.
- In May 2017, Akzo Noble N.V. (Netherlands) completed constructing a production plant in Shanghai with an investment of USD 41 million. This plant boosted the company’s production base in China. Surfactants supplied by the company are used in detergents, shampoos, and functional chemical products.
- In May 2017, Akzonobel N.V. (Netherlands) and Atul Limited (India) together agreed to start the production of monochloroacetic acid (MCA) in 2016. The production in the plant is expected to start from 2019. The strategy helped the company to enhance its position in the Asian market.