According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Automotive Sensors Market: By Product Type (Pressure, Temperature, Speed, Oxygen, Level, Others); By Technology (Capacitive, Inductive, Magnetic, and Others); By Application (Chassis, Engine, Powertrain, Telematics, and Others); By Vehicle Type (Car, Truck, Others); By Geography – (2016-2021)”, the market is driven by the automotive manufacturers’ increased emphasis on passenger safety.
APAC held the largest market share in the Automotive Sensors Market
APAC holds the largest market share and growth in the Automotive Sensors Market and is anticipated to reach $18.3 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 13.56%. In addition to this, the use of image sensors that aid the occupant safety is growing in the APAC region. Along with safety and gas emission issues, infotainment system drives the automotive sensors market in this region. Similarly, blind-spot reduction, forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, and parking assist features are implemented in most automobiles in these countries. The key applications include Fuel Injection and Emission, Chassis, Engine, Powertrain, Safety & Control, Telematics, and Vehicle Security, among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis
- The advancements in technology and need of the end-users bring up the innovation in the products. The sensor fabrication varies according to the automotive model and the specificity of the applications. The researchers develop the product design so as to reduce its size and use it for multiple functions. Also, the material used for sensing and other applications such as packaging is being developed. In this process, the government standards and cost factor is considered to achieve maximum benefit in comparison to the investments made.
- Considering such developments, the manufacturers produce the sensors in bulk or as per the customizations required by the auto manufacturers. The sensors based on MEMS are among those having mass production. On the other hand, the LIDARs are the ones manufactured with some specificity.
- The component manufacturers can also be called as value-added resellers. The sensor chips or devices are embedded in the components by these manufacturers. The components are used by the automotive industry for auto manufacturing. The cost to the product is added at this stage.
- The sensor products by Infineon are used by Bosch to embed them in desirable components. The RADAR chips by Infineon are embedded in sensors by Bosch, which contributes to the driver assistance systems. Moreover, the RADAR chips are packaged so as to reduce the system cost. Such manufacturing processes where the product is developed as well as the cost is reduced increases the potential of its applications. The RADARs now are not only used in premium vehicles but also in small cars for traffic jam assist systems, adaptive cruise control, and emergency braking.
Automotive Parts Suppliers and Distributors
- At this stage of the value chain of automotive sensors, the sensors are distributed to the automotive companies at different locations. They play an important role to maintain the balance between supply and demand of a product.
- Automotive manufacturers need a variety of raw material for the manufacturing of vehicles for different parts such as powertrain, chassis, interiors, body and main parts. It also includes the electrical and electronics products such as audio/video devices, charging system, ignition system, sensors, switches and many more. The sensors include airbag sensors, coolant temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, fuel level sensor, fuel pressure sensor, O₂ sensor and many more.
- All these parts are obtained from different distributors. The presence of distributors helps the automotive industry to get the raw material in time, and proceed with the uninterrupted manufacturing of vehicles. At times, the raw material is also obtained directly from the manufacturing companies.
- The end-users are mainly the vehicle drivers. The automotive sensor’s performance depends on the level of safety, convenience, and comfort of the driver and the others.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Automotive Sensors Market is mainly driven by the increasing demand for automotive, stricter emission standards and the increased demand for safety features in automotive.
- This industry is a fragmented market, and has many suppliers all over the globe; thus the competition in the market is high. Offering a better quality product at a competitive price is the main concern for the manufacturers.
- In addition to the electric vehicles, the growing autonomous vehicles in such countries are responsible for the rise in demand for various automotive sensors, which can reduce the traffic congestion by maintaining proper distance from other vehicles, and following a defined path.
- Other factors that drive the Automotive Sensors Market are the number of organized cab services, mishaps such as vehicle theft, road accidents, a crime against women and other passengers, the need of fleet management, etc.
To access/purchase, the full report browse the link below
Key players of Automotive Sensors Market:
- The eminent players in this market include Continental AG, Delphi Automotive Systems, LLC, Denso Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, and TRW Automotive, Inc. to name a few.
- Bosch group has made its presence felt in around 150 countries with its sales and service partners. This company competes with General Electric Company, DENSO Corporation, Delphi Automotive Systems, LLC and few others. It functions with 290,183 employees worldwide.
- Denso Corporation acquired shares of Pricol Components Limited, an auxiliary of Pricol Limited, a major auto parts producer in India, to grow the instrument group business in India. Denso Corp. chose to extend the two specialized units of DENSO Automotive Deutschland GmbH in Germany. With this extension, the company intended to improve the configuration of items for the neighborhood as well as local clients.
- CAS comprises of 44 plants, research centers and test tracks in 15 nations, incorporating ten joint ventures in Asia. The automotive group works with around 108,711 employees.
- Continental formed a joint venture with D’Ieteren. D’Ieteren is a Belgian automotive service group. This joint venture was made in order to implement different car sharing services. It provides virtual car keys that are transmitted and used wirelessly via cell phones.
- The earnings of the companies from the automotive business segment was highest for Denso Corporation, followed by Continental Corporation. Denso had come up with products in the security and safety field, as well as in the environmental field.
- The top companies are undertaking acquisition so as to expand and maintain their market presence. For example, Continental acquired Elektrobit Automotive is all set to develop software applications such as ADAS and infotainment systems. Also, DENSO acquired 50% stake of ADASENS Automotive GmbH to develop active safety technologies of DENSO.
- The revenue generated by Continental AG from its automotive segment contributed a significant figure of the total market share.
Automotive Sensors Market Report is segmented as indicated below.
- Automotive Sensors Market By Product Type:
- Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Level Sensors
- Speed Sensors
- Oxygen Sensors
- Nox Sensors
- Position Sensors
- Magnetic Sensors
- Inertial Sensors
- MEMS Sensors
- Safety Sensors
- Automotive Sensors Market By Working Principle
- 1 Capacitive
- 2 Inductive
- 3 Magnetic
- 4 Optical
- 5 Piezoelectric
- Automotive Sensors Market By Application
- Fuel Injection and Emission
- Safety & Control
- Vehicle Security
- Automotive Sensors Market – By Vehicle Type
- Automotive Sensors Market – By Geography (Covers 12+ Countries)
- Automotive Sensors Market By Entropy
- Analog Devises Inc
- Custom Sensors & Technologies
- Infineon Technologies AG
- STMicroelectronics SA
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Ficosa International SA
- Mobileye N.V.
- Texas Instruments Inc
- Autoliv Inc
- Schott AG
- Voxx International Corporation
- Company 13
- Company 14
- Company 15+
What can you expect from the report?
The Automotive Sensors Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End-user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country-level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Automotive Sensors Market?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Pressure Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Level Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Speed Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Oxygen Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- NOx Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Position Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Magnetic Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Inertial Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- MEMS Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Safety Sensors Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Capacitive Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Inductive Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Magnetic Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Optical Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Piezoelectric Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Fuel Injection and Emission Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Chassis Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Engine Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Powertrain Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Safety & Control Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Telematics Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Vehicle Security Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Cars Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Trucks Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Buses Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
- Two-Wheeler Market for Automotive Sensors (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.