Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service Market size is forecast to reach $35 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 53.6% from 2020 to 2025. The market is primarily driven by rapidly increasing adoption of cloud-based applications coupled with the proliferation of apps and mobile devices. The rising growth of mobile devices has so greatly influenced the IT industry that it is proclaiming a shift of the IT sector to the mobile platform. It is estimated that by 2023, around 50% of the mobile app development project will drive the cloud/mobile backend as a service market. Platforms such as Parse, Kony, Kinvey, AnyPresence, Appcelerator among others fall under the cloud/mobile backend as a service top 10 companies along with major companies such as Microsoft, Oracle and IBM. The rising Data integration, Application Programming interface as well as software development kits being deployed in the mobile backend will further drive the cloud/mobile backend as a service industry.
- Cloud/Mobile Backend As A Service is a significant market in North America owing to various innovations through research and development and increasing demand for business flexibility and agility
- High demand of smart phones and cloud-based devices for rapid deployment and development of cloud applications are driving the growth of cloud/mobile backend as a service market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- One of the major restraints of the cloud/mobile backend as a service is lack of security and high initial cost of investment, further hindering the market growth.
- The BFSI vertical held the major share in 2019 attributed to the increasing adoption of BaaS service types coupled with the growing penetration of Internet of Things.
Operating System – Segment Analysis
By operating system, Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service Market is segmented into Android, iOS and others. Among these, the Android segment is anticipated to witness a significant growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Android operating system is open source software and as these apps are user friendly and easy to operate, many of the leading smartphone manufacturers are developing Android supporting applications. The others segment, which includes Windows and Blackberry, offers high security features. Hence most business professionals use these smartphones. BaaS features contain cloud storage, push notifications, it’s own infrastructure, social media integration and so on. In the future, API-based BaaS will make it possible to turn other software services into the backend, and even users themselves will be capable of creating their applications for the specific platform using BaaS.
End User – Segment Analysis
Among the verticals segment, the BFSI vertical is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period due to the increasing adoption of BaaS service types. The key factor responsible for accelerating the Backend as a Service market space is due to the Internet of Things (IoT) technology where all the devices are connected with each other in the form of sensors further creating numerous opportunities for the service providers to cater to the banking, financial services, and insurance industry. MBaaS assist the organization in reducing the cost into development, developing the app for multiple platform, collaborating the MBaaS platform across various team, thereby boosting its demand during the forecast period.
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America is expected to have the largest market share accounting to around 42% and will dominate the market from 2019 to 2025 owing to various technological advancements through research and development and increasing demand for business flexibility and agility. Due to presence of major key player of Backend as a service market (BaaS) in North America it is expected that the largest market share will be taken up by the region followed by APAC and EMEA. The Backend as a Service market is expected to experience huge growth in Asia-Pacific (APAC) due to improved technology, cost efficiency, scalability, and improved productivity.
Drivers – Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service Market
- High Demand of Smart Phones And Cloud-based Devices And Development Of Cloud-Based Applications
The growth in the number of mobile applications and increased in adoption of MBaaS services among the SMEs and the enterprises, provides the market the opportunity for the growth. The major drivers responsible for the growth of the Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service Market are high demands of smart phones for rapid deployment and development of cloud-based applications. Mobile Backend as a Service is a new means of developing the mobile applications system and also has broader scope in developing, deploying and managing the mobile app lifecycle, thereby elevating the market growth during the forecast period.
Growing Inclination towards Bring Your Own Device Policy
The idea of Bring Your Own Device is gathering prominence, and BaaS suppliers have spent vast amounts of money to increase this development. There are three major features that pretence a test to the expansion of BaaS: rising struggle within the mobile applications market, apprehensions about performance and safety measures, and vendor choice. Consequently, this is driving the growth of cloud/ mobile backend as a service market.
Challenges – Cloud/Mobile Backend As A Service Market
- Lack of Security and High Initial Cost of Investment
One of the major hindrances in the growth of Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service Market is lack of security and high initial cost of investment. The lack of a safe connection between the mobile app and its backend has been identified as the weakness as it leaves the backend of users exposed. Apart from this, the increasing competition in the mobile application industry, the increase in the cost of technology and the users’ concern for cloud security restrains the Cloud/Mobile Backend as a service market’s growth during the forecast period 2020 – 2025.
Product launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Cloud/Mobile Backend As A Service Market. Cloud/Mobile Backend as a Service driver market is expected to be dominated by major companies such as Microsoft, IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Kony, Kinvey, AnyPresence, Appcelerator, Built.IO Backend, CloudMine, and KII Corporation among others.
- In June 5, 2020 San Francisco-based Slack Technologies and Seattle based AWS have entered into a strategic partnership promising new solutions to improve enterprise workforce collaboration, the importance of which has heightened amid the increase in remote workers resulting from stay-at-home advisories and non-essential business closures forced by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. AWS and Slack are giving developer teams the ability to collaborate and innovate faster on the front end with applications, while giving them the ability to efficiently manage their backend cloud infrastructure
- In June 6, 2020, in a bid to help developers create stronger passwords for its users, Apple has created a new open source project called Password Manager Resources. The Password Manager Resources open source project allows developers to integrate website-specific requirements used by the iCloud Keychain password manager to generate strong, unique passwords.