Electrophoresis Market size is forecast to reach $3.18 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.67% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Electrophoresis is an electrokinetic process which separates charged particles in a fluid using a field of electric charge. It is mostly used in life science to sperate protein molecules or DNA and can be achieved through several different procedures depending on type and size of material. With an increasing funding for research on genomics, proteomics and electrophoresis techniques, Growing number of Industry Academia research collaborations and growing number of nano proteomics are factors driving the growth of Electrophoresis Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- North America dominated the Electrophoresis Market in 2019 owing to the increase in capital investment for new drug designs and growing biotechnology researches
- With high growth opportunities in developing countries, increasing demand for personalized medicine are few opportunities driving the growth of electrophoresis market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Electrophoresis Market report.
- Increasing use of electrophoretic in diagnostics test such as Haemoglobin testing, multiple myeloma testing and blood alcohol measurements are leading to demand of Diagnostic segment with respect to Application.
Product Type- Segment Analysis
Based on Product Type, Electrophoresis Market is segmented into Electrophoresis Reagents, Electrophoresis Systems, Gel documentation Systems and Others. Electrophoresis Reagents is set to be the fastest growing with a CAGR of 6.13% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to endless demand of these products for laboratory applications. Also increasing demand of consumables with electrophoresis systems majorly into research field for proteomics, genomics, drug discovery and personalized medicine is supporting the growth of Electrophoresis Reagents during the forecast period 2020-2025.
End User – Segment Analysis
Based on End Users, the Electrophoresis Market is segmented into Academic & Research Institutes, Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology Companies, hospitals, and Others. Academia and Research centers held largest share of Electrophoresis Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to number of industries collaborations and increase in funding for more research. However, Hospitals is estimated to be fastest growing segment during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to increasing number of liver diseases which acts as immunodeficiency diseases. This can also be attributed by increasing use of electrophoresis in analysis of plasma, enzymes, proteins, cerebrospinal fluids.
Geography – Segment Analysis
Based on Geography, Electrophoresis Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and rest of the world. North America holds major shared contribution to 43.7% of total market share. This is owing to rising capital investment for new drug designs and growing biotechnology researches. However, Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to increasing focus in low manufacturing cost advantages which provides growth opportunities for manufacturers.
Drivers – Electrophoresis Market
- Increase in the use of NGS and decline in the cost of DNA Sequencing
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) utilizes massively parallel sequencing to generate thousands of mega bases of sequence information per day. The National Human Genome Research Institute has put forth goals to reduce the cost of human genome sequencing to $100,000 in the short term and $1000 in the long term to spur the innovative development of technologies that is poised to permit the routine sequencing of human genomes for use as a diagnostic tool for disease. This in thus led to Increase in use of NGS and with there is surge in cost of DNA sequencing which is driving the growth of Electrophoresis markets.
Challenges – Electrophoresis Market
- Safety Concerns Associated with Electrophoresis Reagents
Hazardous chemical which are commonly used in conjunction with electrophoresis work include Ethidium Bromide, Acrylamide, Phenol, and chloroform. These chemicals effect the patients adversely which is available on Electrophoresis Instruments. Safety is a huge challenge as far as growth of Electrophoresis market is concerned.
Electrophoresis Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Electrophoresis market. In 2019, Electrophoresis Market share was consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Electrophoresis Market top 10 companies are Aglient Technologies, Bio- Rad Laboratories, Thermo fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Merck CGAA, Danaher Corporation, Qiagen N.V, Lonza, Shimadzu corporation, Perkinelmer among others.
- In May, 2018 Aglient technologies announced acquisition Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI) which is provider of apillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash.