According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “European Bakery Market: By Type (Baked Goods, Breakfast Cereals); By Distribution Channel (Retail, Artisan Bakers, Catering) & By Geography – Forecast (2016-2021)”, the market is driven by the economic crisis and increase in health concerns.
France held the largest market share for the European Bakery Market
France possesses major market share for European Bakery Market and is anticipated to reach $33.30 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 1.36%. The special focus, however, is going to be upon on-the-go baked products owing to the busy lifestyle of the population in this region. The key distribution channels are retail, artisan bakers, and catering.
Selected Market Share Analysis was done in the full report
- Europe bakery market is well established and diverse, encompassing a plethora of artisanal bakers, retail manufacturers as well as catering firms providing a variety of products.
- The regional market is considerably fragmented with local companies leading in their respective country markets. In addition, different product segments hold a different set of major players.
- Private labels have been gaining momentum in recent years, especially in the biscuits and breakfast cereals segments.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- European style bread and rolls are rapidly increasing in a large number of bakeries, even outside the region owing to their crispy, soft and chewy crust characteristics. Sweetbreads filled with fruit and nuts, along with sugar syrup is a favorite among many European consumers. Cobs and muffins are the most commonly consumed bread in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- The growth can be attributed to the hectic work schedules and busy lifestyle of the population.
- Pizzas are the second largest segment in the European bakery market.
- Organic and gluten-free continue to be the largest trends and are set to intensify in Eastern Europe in the coming five years, providing opportunities for the market players to enhance their competitive position.
- Economic crisis resulted in positive growth of bread sales which is considered as a staple and healthy food in the European food market. Bread consumption trends in Europe differs within different countries.
- Growing trends of premium freshly baked artisan European bread are fueling the market for bread & rolls in many parts of Europe. Europe is the largest market for bread & rolls globally, with an average consumption of 50 Kg of bread per person annually.
- The shifting trend towards whole grain bread demanded by the increasing health conscious population in European countries is driving the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- Despite the increase in the consumption of whole grain bread, white bread is still largely consumed in Britain and Ireland.
- Europe is the leading region in the global pizza launches. France launched the largest slice of pizza product innovation in 2015.
- In Europe, Breads & rolls, cakes & pastries market is quite fragmented, whereas retail biscuits and breakfast cereals segments are fairly consolidated.
- Even though nutritional and healthy products are growing, taste and brand image remains the major consideration factors influencing the buyer’s decisions.
- The share of artisanal firms in the European Baked goods market is high, mainly due to their authenticity and loyalty of the consumers.
- Product launch has been the most preferred growth strategy in recent years by the key players, followed by expansion.
To access/purchase, the full report browse the link below
Key players of European Bakery Market:
- Some of the major players in biscuits segment include United Biscuits, Mondelez International and Barilla Group whereas, breakfast cereals segment is led by companies like Kellogg’s, Nestle/ Cereal Partners, Weetabix and Quaker of PepsiCo. Hot Cereals sub-segment provides a huge opportunity for the market players in the coming years.
- Mondelez is the leader in France biscuits due to its strong image and promotional activities, followed by United biscuits of Yielding holdings and St. Michel Biscuits with its brands Galettes, Rounder, and Sable De Retz.
- In the breakfast cereals segment, Kellogg‘s has been the single largest player, followed by Cereal partners and Quaker France. Hot cereals sub-segment is set to grow faster in the coming years.
- Other Key players including Warburtons, Premier Foods Plc, Associated British Foods etc;
European Bakery Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- European Bakery Market By Type:
- 1 Baked Goods
- 1 Baked Desserts Direct
- 1.1 Cakes & Pastries
- 1.2 Pies & Tarts
- 1.3 Others
- 2 Breads & Rolls
- 3 Biscuits
- 4 Savory Biscuits & Crackers
- 5 Sweet Biscuits
- 6 Pizzas
- 7 Fresh
- 8 Frozen/Chilled
- 9 Breakfast Cereals
- 1 Baked Desserts Direct
- European Bakery Market By Distribution Channel
- Small Grocery Stores
- Specialty Food Stores
- Artisan Bakers
- Jordan Cereals
- Griesson de Beukelaer GmbH & Co KG
- August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG
- Peter Kölln GmbH
- Bauli SpA
- Company 9
- Company 10+
What can you expect from the report?
The European Bakery Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End-user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country-level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in European Bakery Market?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- The market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Germany Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- France Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Spain Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Italy Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Russia Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Baked Goods Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Breakfast Cereals Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Retail Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Artisan Bakers Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
- Catering Market for European Bakery (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in the application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.