A rising number of data center installations, the replacement of copper wires with optical fiber connectors, and usage of fiber optics for high-speed data transmission are the factors driving the growth of the fiber optics market. According to this recent research report from IndustryARC, the fiber optics market size was between $3.1 billion to $3.4 billion as of 2018, and the market demand is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 11% to 13% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. The fiber optics market deals with the development of a cable whose diameter is equal to that of hair and can transmit data from one source to another by using light as the carrier.
Fiber optics has become the backbone of the global telecommunications network, giving instant access to web sites and telephones around the world. This telecom network continues to reach towards homes and businesses. Engineering application is dominating among other diverse application segments such as telecommunications, cable TV and military; it is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 14% to 15% during the forecast period 2019-2025. Fiber optic sensors have become the best choice of civil engineers for monitoring structural infrastructures. These are used for concrete monitoring during setting in bridges and buildings and joints monitoring damage detection in tunnels.
The analyst of the report has identified APAC as the key region for fiber optics which held a major share of about 26% to 29% as of the year 2018. This mainly attributes to the increased demand for optical cables from countries like China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. Now China is the leading player for fiber optics products. With the growing marketplace for internet, the development of high-speed transmission network, and the government initiatives will present high growth opportunities for fiber manufacturers. The information is based on a fresh market research report from IndustryARC, titled “Fiber Optics Market: by type, by mode, by cable, by configurations, by link components, by application & by geography – forecast (2019-2025).”
Fiber Optics Market: Competitive Landscape
The some of the major players operating in the fiber optics market are Fujikura Ltd., Finisar Corporation, Optical Cable Corporation, OfsFitel, Llc, Infinera Corporation, Corning INC, Molex Incorporated, TE Connectivity, Pepperl+Fuchs, and Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Fujikura Ltd. :
- Fujikura is the leading provider of the wide range of electrical and optical products around the world and is a prominent name in the global fiber optics market. Its high-quality products are pioneering ways in specialist technologies particularly medical imaging fibers, radiation resistant fibers, fiber laser products and also advanced electrical technologies such as superconducting wires.
- Fujikura Ltd. released an ultra-high fiber count cable 3456F Wrapping Tube Cable with Spider Web Ribbon, New CT50 Optical Fiber Cleaver, Ultra Low Loss Optical Fiber FutureGuide-HSC in the year 2018.
- It also offers various fiber optics to the homes which include Aerial Installation SSD, Direct Buried Installation, Drop Cable, and Low Friction Cable. Aerial Installation SSD is the self-supporting cables which are used for higher fiber count and waterproof requirements.
Optical Cable Corporation (OCC):
- OCC is a leader in the manufacturing, and engineering of a wide variety of high-performance, top-tier cabling, and connectivity solutions and it is the second largest manufacturer of multi-mode fiber optic cables for the North American enterprise market.
- In the fiber optics market place, the company offers various fiber optics products such as Keyed LC Fiber Optic Connectors, Legacy 4 CH Hermaphroditic Fiber Optic Cable Assembly, M28876 4 CH Fiber Optic Cable Assembly, and Expanded Beam Cable Assemblies.
- OCC’s keyed LC connector’s offers limited access to fiber optic networks through a physically restrictive cross-connect system. By using these connector’s, network administrators can easily separate networks for security and confidentiality applications.
The fiber optics market deals with the development of a cable whose diameter is equal to that of hair and can transmit data from one source to another by using light as the carrier. The usage of fiber optics for high-speed data transmission is creating new revenue for the players operating in the fiber optics market.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market
Fiber Optics Sensors Market