According to the new market research report by IndustryArc titled “Gallium Nitride (GaN) Substrates Market: By Size (2, 4, 6 Inches); By Type (GaN on Sapphire, GaN on Si, GaN on SiC, GaN on GaN); By-Products (Laser, LED, PSD, Others); By Industry (Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Optical Storage, Others ); By Geography – (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the growth of the LED (Light Emitting Diode) industry. The market value for LED is enhanced and this creates more demand for the substrates. The GaN LEDs are driven by the lighting segment.
Asia Pacific to have a major share in the GAN Substrates Market
The Asia Pacific dominates the GaN Substrates Market with a share of 70%. Sapphire production is 78%, while GAN production is 84% in the Asia Pacific countries. These countries are the largest producers of the LED. During 2018-2023, the market is expected to have a CAGR of 92%, with a high demand for LED and PSD in countries like Tokyo, Korea, Taiwan, and China. Asian players share half of the market due to the larger production of substrates in these countries. Compared to other countries, countries in the Asia Pacific region have low manufacturing and labor costs. This factor drives the growth of the power GAN devices during the forecast period.
Selected Regulatory Analysis was done in the full Report:
Sapphire substrates hold 90% share in the GAN Substrates Market. GAN LED is expected to have a healthy growth rate from 2018-2023, due to the increasing demand from the automobile industry in Taiwan and Korea. LED chip companies in Taiwan are developing new partnerships and investments. These factors will definitely boost the LED and substrates market. Recently, LED chip company, Epistar Corporation entered into an agreement for sharing the patents. This increases the demand for LEDs which accelerates the research and development activities.
Sapphire substrates will witness a positive growth through 2020. The GAN market revenue will reach $2.7 billion by 2020, and larger diameter substrates will experience a greater demand as they offer high brightness and good quality.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors.
- The healthcare industry drives the market use of GAN technology. There are employed in different kinds of treatments like skin, eye, dental, and cosmetic surgeries.
- The automotive industry employs lasers and LEDs for many applications. GAN Lasers/ LEDs are used in headlamps and welding systems. Railways, electric vehicles, motor drives, and braking systems make use of the GAN semiconductor.
- Nitride devices like light emitters, diodes, transmitters depend on the hetero-epitaxial growth of GAN on foreign substrates like Silicon, Silicon Carbide, and Sapphire. Bulky GAN products are being adopted in the market today.
Request for the table of contents of the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Key players of the GAN Substrates Market:
Saint Gobain Lumilog is the main company for the production of GAN substrates in bulk. These substrates are used in optoelectronic and electronic devices. The company has its headquarters in France and operates in China, Japan, India, and Europe. Sumitomo Electric Industries which has its headquarters in Japan has applications in automotive, info-communication, electronics, and industrial materials. It has 381 subsidiaries that operate in more than 40 countries in the world. Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, which is a subsidiary of MCHC, provides products, technology, and materials.
Companies cited and Interviewed:
- AE Tech Co. Ltd
- GaN Systems Inc.
- Qorvo Inc
- Ammono SA
- Infineon Technologies
- Saint Gobain Ltd.
- Aixtron Ltd.
- Kyma Technologies
- Sciocs Co. Ltd
- Cree Incorporated
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Sino Nitride Semiconductors ltd.
- EpiGaN NV
- MTI Corporation
- Six point Materials Inc
- Fujitsu Limited
- PAM Xiamen Co Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Company 19
- Company 20
- Company 21+
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
GAN Substrates Market is segmented as below:
GAN applications are seen in optoelectronic products like LEDs, lasers. The LED industry is the main user of GAN substrates. Larger diameters for the products are chosen for increasing the output and efficiency of the production plants.
GAN Substrates by Type
1. GAN on Sapphire
2. GAN on SI
3. GAN on SIC
4. GAN on GAN
GAN Substrates by Product
3. Power switching devices
GAN Substrates by End-use industry
3. General lighting
4. Military, communication, and optical storage
5. Consumer electronics
GAN Substrates by Geography( covers 11+ countries)
GAN Substrates Market Entropy
Appendix: Abbreviations, Sources, Research Methodology, Bibliography, Compilation of Experts, Disclaimer.
What can you expect from the report?
The GAN Substrates Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories
2. Market trends
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis (15+)
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Strategic Analysis
18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in GAN Substrates?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
1. Americas GAN Substrates Market (2018-2023)
2. Asia Pacific GAN Substrates Market (2018-2023)
3. Europe GAN Substrates Market (2018-2023)
4. Healthcare GAN Substrates Market (2018-2023)
5. Automobiles GAN Substrates Market (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team; we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.