Curcumin market size was about $56 million to $58 million in 2018, according to a newly published research report from IndustryARC. The analyst of the report has projected the global curcumin market value to grow with a notable CAGR of nearly 9%-10% during the forecast period 2019-2025, attributing it to the increasing adoption of curcumin in diverse range of applications such as food and beverages, bakery & confectionary, beverages, breakfast cereals, dairy products, and dietary supplements. The analyst has also highlighted the pharmaceuticals and cosmetics segments to entice a new influx of demand never experienced before. Geographically, North America has been identified as the most lucrative region, offering nearly 53% to 55% of the global curcumin demand as of 2018. The report is titled: “Curcumin Market: By Application (Food and Beverages- Bakery & Confectionary, Beverages, Breakfast Cereals, Dairy Products, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics) & By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific & Rest of the World) Forecast (2018-2023).”
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, more than 30 million Americans have diabetes and out of which 90% to 95% are suffering from type 2 diabetes. Curcumin enables the best solution to reduce blood sugars in type 2 diabetes by lowering inflammatory markers such as tumor necrosis factor and interleukin 6, which are the important contributors to type 2 diabetes. From a recent study by Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Communications, it was noted that curcumin has blocked the way of prediabetes to get developed into advanced diabetes for a count of 240 people in Thailand.
Browse 40 Market Tables, 175 Figures spread through 163 slides and an in-depth TOC “Curcumin Market (2018 – 2023)”
Curcumin Market Product Analysis:
Healthy eating and fitness trends are engulfing urban population as the prevalence of chronic and lifestyle-inflicted diseases are on a surge. Then, the growth of nutritional products comes into the picture. Curcumin is propelling in the production of nutritional products. It is a diarylheptanoid, which belongs to the group of curcuminoids. They are the natural phenols which are responsible for turmeric’s yellow color. Curcumin is a key compound found in the turmeric, which is widely used for spice in Indian cooking. Its antimicrobial and medicinal properties are more beneficial for heart disease patients; on the other hand, its potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are more effective in lowering the knee pain within osteoarthritis sufferers, obesity, and also in supporting gastrointestinal disorders.
Curcumin market players are also offering products that act as a natural healing remedy for a list of cancers such as the colon, stomach, lung, breast, and skin cancers. This yellow curry powder is most useful in slowing down the growth of tumors in breast and blood cancers. Intake of curcumin through a healthy diet reduces the impact of chronic inflammation and oxidative stress, and in turn, it increases the cognitive health of an individual. In addition to this curcumin promotes immune system function, and maintains a healthy digestive function
Curcumin Market Companies: Latest Developments
- Konark Herbals & Health Care, Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd, Wacker Chemie AG, Synthite Industries Ltd., BioMax Life Sciences Ltd., Hindustan Mint & Agro Products Pvt. Ltd., SV Agrofood, Star Hi Herbs Pvt. Ltd, Helmigs Prima Sejahtera PT., and Hebei Food Additive Co. Ltd. are the key players operating in the curcumin market.
- Konark Herbals and Health Care is an Indian company making its mark in the global curcumin marketplace. It manufactures a wide variety of standardized herbal extracts. It provides the most promising herbal product named curcumin which is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, helpful in healing the injuries.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S recently introduced NUTRIPHY curcumin with improved bioavailability of active curcuminoids to traditional curcumin.
- Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd now offers “Curcugreen,” a high-potency turmeric extract which is a patented formulation by the company. It comprises of unique composition which has experienced high growth levels compared to all other curcumin supplements. It has become the world’s most bioactive turmeric extract with uncompromised safety. Additionally, it also meets EU regulation. With this, the company has made a real market in the Europe curcumin market.
- In 2018, Waker AG presented two products which are paramount for sports nutritional supplements. One among them is CAVACURMIN that consists of curcumin which is a plant-based antioxidant. It is boosting up the bioavailability significantly and highly adapted to incorporate them into a variety of products used by athletes
- Synthite Industries Ltd. The company more focused in flavor and fragrance sectors using plant-derived ingredients. It developed Natxtra capsules using curcumin and other functional ingredients such as green tea, lutein, ginger, and ashwagandha.
Curcumin Market Segment Analysis:
- The pharmaceutical application is dominating with a major share in the curcumin market which is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8%-9% during the forecast period 2019 – 2025. Due to the preference of curcumin via dietary and herbal supplements in several clinical trials and its health benefits are contributing to the growth of pharmaceutical application in the curcumin market
- On the basis of the geographical analysis, the baby boomer generation in the US is making the cosmetics industry touch new peaks and thereby, stroking the demand for curcumin. In 2018, North America held a major share that is about 53%-55% among other regions in the curcumin market.
Curcumin is an extract of turmeric (Curcumin longa). Its clinical therapeutic and antioxidant properties are more efficient in managing chronic inflammation diseases than most other chemicals. Growing new formulations for dietary supplements are pushing pharmaceutical applications to lead the curcumin market. Numerous health benefits offered by curcumin are estimated to escalate the growth of curcumin market in the near future
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Spices Market: By Type (Coriander, Cardamom, Ginger, Cinnamon, Pepper, Nutmeg, Turmeric, Clove, Cumin,), Application (Frozen Products, Bakery & Confectionery Products, Sauces & Dressings, Beverages) – Forecast (2018-2023)
Asia-Pacific Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market: Type (Cooking Sauces, Table Sauces, Dips, Pickled Product, Tomato Paste & Purees); Distribution Channel (Supermarket/Hypermarket, Convenience Store, Department Store, Discounter)-Forecast (2017-2022)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
Connect with us on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc