According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “LiDAR Market: By Component (Light Source & Detection, Navigation, Positioning Systems, Others); By Product Type (Airborne, Terrestrial); By Software & Services (Aerial Surveying, GIS Service, others); By Industry Verticals (Geospatial, Natural Resources, others) – (2018-2023)“,LIDAR market had a revenue of $908 million in 2017, and is forecast to reach $1.8 billion by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 12% throughout creating opportunities for the market.
America &Asia-Pacific continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2023.
The North American Market is estimated to dominate the market share due to features of high accuracy and low cost and increasing production of LiDARwhich have been providing new opportunities for growth. The Asia Pacific is predicted to grow over the forecast period, supported by the increase in technological developments. The LiDARscanner market accounted for almost 45% for the year of 2017. Thereport shows that the market will likely grow by CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period of 2018-2023.Regions like China, areadding high precision features to the 3D modelingofthe land surface providing tectonic geomorphic feature. It is followed bySouth Korea whichis investing significantly into infrastructure and commercial projects. Japan is another key country involvedinmapping various mobile LiDARlaser sensors to prevent the nation from uncertainarea.
With increasing applications in engineering projects, and technological superiority, Airborne LiDAR technology will be generatingrevenue of $1.44billionwith a CAGR of 12%during2018-2023. Comparatively in the Terrestrial segment, mobile LIDAR revenue was just lessthan 50% in 2017.
SelectedProductType& Industrial Vertical Analysis done in the LiDAR Market Report:
AirborneLiDAR is the most commonly opted LiDARtype for generating digital elevation models for larger areas. This type of UAV LiDAR mapping is efficient and effective for collecting elevation data. The various components incorporated in aerial LiDARare high frequency laser, GPS and IMU (Inertial measurement unit) to extract accurate data from an airborne platform.Mobile LiDAR’s constant growthwill lead the market to gain maximum CAGR value compared to other.
Topographic LiDAR is a type of airborne LiDAR that hasapplications in disaster risk planning, flood mapping, emergency management, forestry inventory, control of soil erosion, country and state wise mapping and many more. This technology is replacing photogrammetry techniques that measures the distance using photographs and creates accurate DEMs (digital elevation model).Near-infrared pulses are opted for topographic mapping, having wavelength of 1040-1060nm for mapping the land surface.Companies such as Leica Geosystems and others provide airborne topographic LiDAR that captures data over large areas. This type of LiDAR penetrates semi-porous obscurations comprising of vegetation, ground fog, thin clouds and others.
Bathymetric LiDAR is another type of airborne LiDAR system that caters its application in measuring the depth of water bodies and others. Bathymetric LiDAR incorporates water penetrating green light for measuring seafloor, riverbed elevations and others.Bathymetry mapping are cost efficient compared to other conventional survey methods. This system is applied to the clear water bodies having depth up to 50m. The increased water turbidity is inversely proportional to the accurate results obtained. Geomatics Data Solutions, Inc., AAM Pty Ltd and others are the names of few key companies that provide high quality data collection and survey services that incorporates bathymetric LiDAR.
Excerpts Growth Factors Mentioned in the LiDAR Market Report:
- Geospatial analysis and technology is beingopted for development of smart cities and its infrastructure to ensure proper designing and planning to be executed for smart cities.
- Growing trends for autonomous vehicles and implementation of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) also plays a major role in growth with respect to the automotive industry.
- Increasing adoption in 3D imaging technology with LiDAR in numerous applications such as terrestrial scanning, airborne scanning and unmanned scanning systems and others are the types playing a vital role in engaging the business holder to become technologically strong.
- Higher rate of LiDARdevices in automobiles adoption is mapping new opportunities for the market growth since thepast five years. Google’s autonomous vehicle initiative (Waymo) is one ofthe key trends in the autonomous vehicles manufacturing roadmap.
- Three dimensional digital models of agriculture fieldswhich provides accurate information about the water flow direction and distribution is another key application.
- OEMs are working toward automated driving, and new techniques are been implemented toward achieving levels 3 and 4 in vehicle automation, which places LIDAR at an advantageous position among the sensor suites for autonomous vehicles.
Request for table of contents of the LiDAR Market report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of LiDAR Ecosystem:
Major players for LiDAR market includes Teledyne (U.S.), Leica Geosystems AG (Switzerland), Trimble Inc. (U.S.) and VelodyneLiDAR Inc. (U.S.) many more. Companies are targeting the market with differentiated offerings. Companies are launching new products to increase their market penetration.Present market is driven by product and increasedadoption of 3D imaging technology.
Companies citied and Interviewed:
|Faro Technologies Inc.||3D Laser Mapping Inc.||GeoDigital International Corp||Optech Inc. (Teledyne Technologies)|
|YellowScan||QuanergySystems, Inc.||GeoknoIndia Pvt. Ltd.||Phantom Intelligence, Inc.|
|Leosphere||Airborne Hydrography AB||Hokuyo Automatic Co. Ltd.||Quantum Spatial|
|Aerometric Inc.||Beijing Beike Technology Co., Ltd||IBEO automotive systems GmbH||Robert Bosch GmbH
|Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH||Firmatek LLC||Mira Solutions Inc.||Topcon Positioning Systems Inc.|
|Company 21||Company 22||Company 23||Company 24|
Talk to one of our sales representative about the LiDAR Market report by providing your details in the below link:
LiDARMarket Report is Segmented as indicated below.
- LiDAR Market Analysis By Components
- Light Source& Detection
- Navigation Systems
- Positioning Systems
- LiDAR Market Growth Product Type
- Airborne (Topographic and Bathymetric)
- Terrestrial (Mobile and Static)
- LiDAR Market Share Software and Services
- LiDAR Data Processing
- Aerial Surveying
- Asset Management
- GIS Service
- Ground-Based Surveying
- Mapping and Modeling
- LiDAR Market Analysis By Industry Verticals
- Natural Resources
- Infrastructure & Utilities
- LiDAR Market Growth By Geography ( Covers 15+ Countries )
- LiDAR Market Entropy
- Company Profiles
- Appendix: Abbreviations, Sources, Research Methodology, Bibliography, Compilation of Experts, Disclaimer.
What can you expect from the LiDAR Market report?
The LiDAR Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- LiDAR Market Size by Product Categories
- LiDAR Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- LiDAR Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- LiDAR Market Supply Chain Analysis
- LiDAR Market Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- LiDAR Market Opportunity Analysis
- LiDAR Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in LiDAR?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Latin America LiDAR Market Analysis (2018-2023)
- Asia Pacific LiDAR Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Middle East and African LiDAR Market Share (2018-2023)
- North America LiDAR Market Share (2018-2023)
- Geospatial LiDAR Market Share (2018-2023)
- Automotive LiDAR Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Infrastructure & Utilities LiDAR Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Transportation LiDAR Market Analysis (2018-2023)
- Global Coil Coatings Market Tracker (2011-2030) – Subscription (40+ countries and 100+ companies, 50+ products with analysis on raw material manufacturers, product manufacturers, distributors, end users and startups)
Does IndustryARC provide customization to these reports and do you charge additional for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization?
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team; we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email : email@example.com
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.