According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled Silicon Photonics Market : By Components (Waveguides, Modulators, Interconnects, LEDs, Photo detectors, Switches, Lasers, Wavelength division multiplexing filters) and By Application (Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Automation and Others) – With Forecast (2018-2025), the market was valued at $72 million in 2017 and is estimated to generate a revenue of $0.95 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 38.12% during 2018-2025.
America continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2025.
Advanced data solutions and communication systems will be the major factors driving silicon photonics market in North America. North American solution providers have seen a large scale adoption of cloud based technologies across industries that will bolster the use of silicon photonics in data centers as they are a more efficient and cost-effective technology. The ongoing silicon uses for developing integrated photonicscircuits and the compatibility of silicon photonics technology with the existing fabrication techniques encourages several research institutes and large players in the electronic manufacturing industry to adopt silicon photonics technology.The APAC silicon photonics market is projected to witness fastgrowth during the forecast period.High adoption rates and emerging technologies are the key factors contributing to the growth of market.
Selected Application Analysis done in the Silicon Photonics Market Report:
Telecommunications held the largest market share in 2017 which is estimated to witness a CAGR of 48.29% during the forecast period. Consumer electronics is projected to witness fastgrowth between 2017 & 2025, followed by future applications in aerospace and defense. Telecommunications is one of the dominant sectorsin the silicon chips market. The telecommunications segment wasestimated to generate 69% of the revenue for silicon photonics market in 2017, followed by consumer goods. The need for high speed wireless communication attributed to the growth of the Silicon Photonics market in data center applications globally, making it the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
Semiconductor Lasers and rapid developments in the fabrication of Integrated Circuits (ICs) have contributed immensely in pushing the market for Electronics and Electrical products. The emergence of these two technologies revolutionized the operating behavior of numerous electrical and electronics products that were significant in bolstering several end-user verticals.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in Silicon Photonics Market Report:
- Silicon photonics has been experimented with communication levels,moving beyond network to inter-module, inter-chip and intra photonic chip.
- High data centers and high performance computing applications are evolving based on optical waveguide communication rather than optical fibers.Due to adoption of suchnovel applications, the market is anticipated to lead towards high growth.
- The current requirementsof the application of optical wave is confined to single mode transceiver,whereas on analyzing the current data communications scenario, wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) has been the urgent requirement accordingtodata centers.
- Transistors has havebeen the fundamental building block for semiconductor businesses, but silicon photonics involves Lasers, Diodes, Modulators, Converters, Couplers, Drivers and Waveguides as the basic building blocks. Also, in terms of materials,silicon has been the foremost choice in the Semiconductor industry, but for Silicon Photonics, a wide variety of raw materials are being utilized such as InP, InGaAs and Silicon.
Request for table of contents of the Silicon Photonics Market report in the below link:
Key players of Silicon Photonics Market:
The industry has witnessed a rise in the number of product launches coupled with fierce price competition.Key players are trying to meet the market demand and profit margins with strategic investments and production flexibility. Intel Corporation, Luxtera Inc. & IBM Corp. are the major companies that filed patents for the Silicon Photonics and their related components.Key players in the market have obtained 1023 patents during the period 2013-2017 and the number of new patents filed is estimated to witness growth in the coming years.
Companies citied and interviewed:
A. Silicon Photonics in High Performance Computing andTelecommunication Market
Talk to one of our sales representative about the Silicon Photonics Market report in the below link:
Silicon Photonics Market Report is segmented as indicated below.
- Silicon Photonics Market Analysis By Components
- Photo detectors
- Wavelength division multiplexing filters
- Silicon Photonics Market Growth By Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Industrial Automation
- Silicon Photonics Market Growth By Geography ( Covers 15+ Countries )
- Silicon Photonics Market Entropy
- Company Profiles
- Appendix: Abbreviations, Sources, Research Methodology, Bibliography, Compilation of Experts, Disclaimer.
What can you expect from the Silicon Photonics Market Report?
The Silicon Photonics Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Silicon Photonics Market Size by Product Categories
- Silicon Photonics Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Shares Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Value Chain Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Supply Chain Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Opportunity Analysis
- Silicon Photonics Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Silicon Photonics Market?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- America Silicon Photonics Market Analysis (2018-2023)
- Europe Silicon Photonics Market Analysis (2018-2023)
- Asia Pacific Silicon Photonics Market Analysis (2018-2023)
- Middle East and African Silicon Photonics Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Industrial Automation Silicon Photonics Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Consumer Electronics Silicon Photonics Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Telecommunications Silicon Photonics Market Growth (2018-2023)
- Aerospace & DefenseSilicon Photonics Market Tracker (2011-2030) – Subscription (40+ countries and 100+ companies, 50+ products with analysis on raw material manufacturers, product manufacturers, distributors, end users and startups)
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and do you charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in the geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team; we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.