Liquid Feed Supplement Market size is estimated to reach $6.12 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Liquid feed supplements are molasses-based products that are given to the feed lot and grass-fed livestock, using a variety of ingredients based on animal feed requirements. This supplement provides the vitamins, minerals required for the growth and can also help farmers to decrease the cost on the cattle feed. The liquid feed supplements are set to grow owing to the increase in demand for products like meat and milk derived from livestock.
- Asia-Pacific is set to have the fastest growth in the market at CAGR 33.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand of liquid supplements.
- Health benefits of liquid feed supplements and increased awareness among farmers about the feed quality for livestock, are driving the market.
- Increase in demand for products from the poultry and livestock industry has influenced farmers for the development of feed substitutes to get a higher yield, which boosted the liquid feed supplement market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Liquid feed supplement market report.
By Source – Segment Analysis
Based on Source the global Liquid Feed Supplement Market is segmented into Prills, Granules, Corn, Urea, Wheat barn, others. The Protein and vitamin segment are forecast to have the highest growth owing to the demand of this in the feed market. The increasing awareness among the farmers to provide the best food to their cattle with all the vitamins, feed enzymes and proteins to get the best results in the livestock market has increased the demand for the liquid feed supplements with high nutrition values. The Liquid feed is also used as feed mixes to provide good protein to the animal species like cattle, swine, and aquaculture.
By Livestock – Segment Analysis
Based on livestock the Liquid feed supplement market is further segmented into ruminants, poultry, swine, aquaculture and others. The ruminant segment has dominated the market in 2019 and is set to have the fastest growth at CAGR xx% during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to the increase in ruminant farms globally and an increase in demand for the products from them. An increase in demand for poultry meat has been boosted the liquid feed supplement manufacturers to develop new supplement for the growth of poultry, which can boost the market further.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
Based on Geography the Liquid feed supplement is segmented to North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World. Asia-Pacific had dominated the market with share of 33.7% in 2019 and forecast to have the fastest growth during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to the increase in growing of livestock, poultry and others, in regions like India and China for the products derived from them. Europe and North America are forecast to have the significance of this liquid supplement market owing to the availability of liquid feed by-products from different industries in those regions.
Drivers – Liquid Feed Supplement Market
- Healthy benefits and cost reduction
The liquid feed supplements consist of molasses which is healthier to the cattle and this molasses has high bio-availability and so manufacturers add this liquid feed to enhance the palatability and as well as to reduce the cost on feed, which is likely to drive the market.
Challenges – Liquid Feed Supplement Market
The loss of synthetic amino acids and other vitamins, owing to the prolonged storage of liquid supplements is being the major challenge in liquid feed supplement market.
Cereal Ingredients Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Liquid Feed Supplement Market. Key companies of this market are Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM), Land O’Lakes Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Bundaberg Molasses, Quality liquid feeds Inc., West way Feed Products LLC, Dallas Keith Ltd., Ridley Corporation Limited, Cattle-Lac liquids Inc., and others.
- In April 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Company announced its fourth animal nutrition-manufacturing unit in North America, which provides new livestock, feed facility in Illinois.
- In September 2019, DuPont Animal Nutrition announced the launch of Axtra® PHY in Japan, a phytase enzyme used to improve animal health and performance in poultry and swine.