Global Mass Notification System Market size is forecast to reach $16.8 billion by 2025, estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.1% during 2020-2025. With the increasing demand for efficient system for providing emergency information in order to ensure safety to the people are enhancing the mass notification system market. Furthermore, organizations are also highly relying on MNS for communicating quickly and broadly with the diverse audience are also surging the mass notification system market. The significant use of in-building solutions, wide area solution and distributed recipient solutions are also propelling the mass notification market size during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- In 2019, the Mass Notification System market was dominated by North America owing to the increasing investment in the promotion of technology in educational institution in the US.
- The growing adoption of digital technology in educational institutions are leading to expand the growth of the MNS market due to the provide information to the staff, teacher and parents about the campus.
- The rising demand for digital displays and the growing integration of MNS system in for corporate, government and other settings are also embracing the market growth.
- The high implementation cost of mass notification system and also the requirement of efficient maintenance of this system is highly hampering the MNS market.
Mass Notification System Market Segment Analysis – By Vertical
Education segment held the largest market share in the Mass Notification System market in 2019. The educational institutions are highly promoting technology in order to make their campus more sustainable to any kind of information. The schools and colleges are highly opting towards the deployment of MNS solutions for ensuring safety and security to the students and faculty. These systems are also widely used for informing the students, teachers, parents, staff and so on about the emergency notifications and also inform the law enforcement agencies about the campus. This significant growing use of MNS in education segment will highly fuel the use of technology in schools and colleges and also enhance the market growth.
Mass Notification System Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
In 2019, North America dominated the Mass Notification System market with a share of more than 48%, followed by APAC and Europe. The increasing adoption of technology by the educational institutions in the US are highly embracing the mass notification system market in this region. Additionally, the deployment of MNS by several vendors such as Honeywell, Alertus, Federal Signal Corporation and so on are also embracing the growth of the market in North America. In the US, the spending on the promotion of technology in education has exceeded $13billion in 2019 which also the most significant factor that is propelling the MNS market in North America
Mass Notification System Market – Drivers
- Leveraging Digital Signage for Emergency Communication
The increasing use of digital signage for offering messaging advantages has highly fueled the growth of mass notification system. Moreover, many organizations including schools, manufacturing plant, business and so on are leveraging digital signage. The digital signage adopted by these organizations are providing with real direction in the time of crisis, and also alerting users to the location of the threat. In addition, the rise of COVID 19 has also enhanced the need for emergency notification devices such as digital signage. Therefore, the significant demand for this type of emergency alert system for broadcast in this pandemic situation will further surge the growth of the market.
- Stringent guidelines and regulations
The stringent guidelines and regulations are leading to provide efficient planning options to implement the benefits of mass notification system. Additionally, the National Fire Protection Association’s National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code (NFPA 72) offers general guidelines on planning, designing and implementing an MNS which is majorly activated when a fire alarm sounds. This also considers the various other types of emergencies such as geological events, meteorological events, biological events, accidental human-caused events, international human-caused events and technological events. These significant implementation of MNS will lead to surge the growth of the market.
Mass Notification System Market Challenges
- High Cost and Maintenance
The distribution of messages from the mass notification system are often too short and while adding more messages leads to the creation of nuisance. Moreover, mass notification system incurs high cost which hampers the installation this type of tool and also requires maintenance for the updating of information which often require high cost to implement.
Mass Notification System Market Landscape
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Mass Notification System market. In 2019, the market of Mass Notification System has been consolidated by the major players – Eaton Corporation, Omnilert LLC, Onsolve, Siemens AG, Singlewire Software LLC, Federal Signal Corporation, Rave Mobile Safety, Honeywell, Johnson Controls and Blackboard.\
- In October 2019, Enplug, a major provider of cloud-based digital signage software announced the integration of the Alertus Mass Notification System into its digital signage platform. This collaboration has resulted in providing the most trusted solutions for critical infrastructure to the Enplug platform. This also allows the users to leverage Enplug’s existing digital signage networks during the requirement of critical safety information.
- In February 2020, Singlewire Software LLC was announced as the innovator in the Best Mass Notification System Solutions Segment on 360Quadrants. Moreover, recently the company has released Survivable Remote Site Notification (SRSN), distributed activation, and InformaCast Fusion Server Appliance for its InformaCast Fusion emergency notification system. This launch of new software will boost the mass notification system solution offered by the company.