Organic Pea Protein Market size in 2019 is estimated to be $ 245 million, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Organic pea protein is used as a substitute for soy protein, wheat protein and texturized vegetable protein to offer hormonal balance in infants. Organic Pea protein are powdered concentrated protein substance that is produced by grinding dried peas and excluding starch and fiber contents and is a good emulsifier and foaming agent. Increasing demand of organic products and increasing adoption of healthy eating habits are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, changing lifestyle and increasing investment in R&D activities further enhance the overall market demand for Organic Pea Protein during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- In 2019, North America dominates the Organic Pea Protein Market owing to Increasing demand for gluten-free items and rising concerns regarding cardiovascular diseases caused owing to red meat consumption.
- Increasing demand of organic products and increasing adoption of healthy eating habits is driving the market growth of Organic Pea Protein.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Organic Pea Protein Market report.
- High cost of organic pea protein and low consumer awareness are challenging the growth of the market.
Type – Segment Analysis
Based on the Type, Organic Pea Protein Market is segmented into Isolates, Concentrates, Textured. The isolates segment is forecast to be the fastest-growing segment and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Isolates are high in protein content and have higher functional value. Moreover, it helps to increase the immunity and prevents muscle breakdown through protein synthesis that are contributing to the growth of this segment.
Form – Segment Analysis
Based on the Form, Organic Pea Protein Market is segmented into Dry, Liquid. In 2019, dry held the largest share in the Organic Pea Protein Market. The dry form has more functional properties and nutritive values. Moreover, it is used in a wide range of food applications such as nutritional supplements, meat extenders & analogs, and snacks & bakery products, and some other food products is also contributing to the growth of this segment.
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Organic Pea Protein Market share accounting for 41% of the market in 2019. This is mainly owing to Increasing demand for gluten-free items and rising concerns regarding cardiovascular diseases caused owing to red meat consumption.
However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to rising concerns over lactose intolerances and growing consumer awareness about nutritional benefits of organic pea protein.
Drivers –Organic Pea Protein Market
- Increasing Demand of Organic Product
Increasing demand of organic product in bodybuilding is a major factor driving the growth of Organic Pea Protein Market. The organic protein products are widely consumed by individuals and are prescribed by the pharmacist to overcome low protein content in body and Rising preference for pea protein shakes as pea protein powder has high protein content is also set to increase the market growth.
- Increasing Adoption of Healthy Eating Habits
Increasing adoption of healthy eating habits and growing awareness regarding high nutritional benefits are some factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, rising vegan population increases the adoption of plant-based proteins and healthier lifestyles further contributing to the growth of vitamin fortified and mineral enriched foods and beverages market.
Challenges – Organic Pea Protein Market
High cost of organic pea protein and low consumer awareness are challenging the growth of the market. Moreover, the processing and extraction of pea protein remains high are further restraining its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Organic Pea Protein Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Organic Pea Protein Market. Organic Pea Protein top 10 companies are Axiom Foods, Inc., The Scoular Company, AIDP, Inc., World Food Processing, L.L.C, Shaanxi Fuheng Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Farbest Brands, The Green Labs LLC, Phyto-Therapy Pty. Ltd, and Bioway Organic Ingredients Co., Ltd.
- On 9 October 2017, Axiom Foods Inc. launches organic plant based protein that is beneficial to health which increases the demand in food processing industry.
- On July 2016, World Food Processing L.L.C. launches protein brand PURISPea which provides various advantages to the consumers.