Polyol Sweeteners Market size is estimated to reach $3.77 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.72% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Polyol Sweeteners are sugar-free sweeteners. Polyols are carbohydrates, which are widely used as food ingredients in sugar-free and low-calorie foods and beverages. They are low-calorie carbohydrates that provide approximately half the calories with the taste and texture of sugar. Some of the common types of the polyol sweeteners are sorbitol, Isomalt, Maltitol, Erythritol and other. They are widely used in applications such as beverages, oral care, dairy, bakery & confectionary and other. Increasing awareness of polyol sweeteners benefits, growing health concern and adoption of a low-calorie diet are key factors to drive growth of the global Polyol Sweeteners market. Moreover, development of re-formulated products owing to salt or fat replacement is estimated to grow the polyol sweeteners market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Geographically, North America’s Polyol Sweeteners market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the increasing health consciousness, functional food consumption, and changing diseases pattern.
- The increasing use of sugar replacers in food industries, growing inclination towards healthy diet, and functional food & low-calorie consumption are the key factors estimated to support growth of the target market during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Polyol Sweeteners Market report.
- The high production cost of polyol sweeteners is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
By Form – Segment Analysis
The global Polyol Sweeteners market is segmented on the basis of form into Powder, Liquid. The powder segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025) owing to the convenience in usage, storing, and transportation of the polyol sweeteners in this form.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The global Polyol Sweeteners market based on applications has Food & Beverages, Oral Care, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, and others. The food & beverages segment registers for highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The segment is set to emerge owing to the growing inclination towards healthy diet, and increasing consumer preferences for low-calorie products.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
The global Polyol Sweeteners Market by geography had the dominant share in North America in terms of revenue in 2019 owing to the health consciousness, changing diseases pattern, and increasing functional food consumption. However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to outpace all the regions by clocking the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to increasing disposable income, growing urbanization, obesity prevalence & increasing diabetes, and rising demand for natural & healthy products.
Drivers – Polyol Sweeteners Market
The demand for Polyol Sweeteners is driving forward owing to the increase in functional food & low-calorie consumption, and use of functional ingredients in pharmaceuticals, personal care, increasing use of sugar replacers in food industry, growing inclination towards healthy diet. Further, growing health & wellness trend, health consciousness, changing lifestyle, and increasing prevalence of various diseases are some other factors estimated to support growth of the target market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Moreover, development of re-formulated products owing to salt or fat replacement is estimated to grow the polyol sweeteners market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Polyol Sweeteners Market
The high production cost of polyol sweeteners is anticipated to hamper the market growth. However, strict regulations and international quality standards for polyol sweeteners, and the risk associated with the side effects of polyol sweeteners over consumption are estimated to disrupt the market growth for the forecast period (2020-2025).
Polyol Sweeteners Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Polyol Sweeteners Market. Key companies of this market are Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Südzucker AG, Roquette Frères S.A, Ingredion Incorporated, Tereos Starch & Sweeteners, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Gulshan Polyols Limited, Batory Foods, and DFI Corporation.
- In May 2020, Cargill announced the collaboration of Procter & Gamble, to bring nature-powered innovation, fueling the future for more sustainable products.
- In December 2019, Batory Foods announced today that it acquired the assets of Minneapolis-based Polypro International, Inc., one of the largest distributors of hydrocolloids in the USA.