According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) in Sports Market: By Component (Tags, Software, Sensor, Services); By Technology (Active RFID(Radio Frequency Identification), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS(Global Positioning System), UWB (Ultra Wide Brand, Zigbee], Passive RFID); By Tracking (Player Training, In-Game Player, Asset); By Geography – (2018-2025)”, the market is estimated to reach $3.03 billion by 2025, with a CAGR of 15.15% during the forecast period.
Americas hold major market share during 2018-2025
The Americas held major market share in Real Time Location Systems in Sports Market and is expected to reach $1.2 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 13.89%. The advanced features, efficiency, and applications of the RTLS market have prompted the awareness and mushrooming sports analytics market in this region. The key applications of RTLS in sports industry include asset tracking, player training tracking and player in game tracking. The key end Star sports has focused on launching innovative products to bolster its product portfolio while penetrating high growth markets in the APAC region through agreements with end users.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the RTLS Market report
The RTLS life cycle includes various stages, from component sourcing and integration to assembly and distribution. Listed below are the stages:
- Research Institutes
- RTLS Engineering and Designing companies
- Chipset providers
- Product OEMs
- Sensor Manufacturers
- Contract manufacturer
- Service providers
- Team and Training Facilities
- Sports Associations
Chipset providers produce chipsets that are embedded to tags in real time location systems. Chipsets are considered to be the heart of any real time location tracking system. These are designed for a particular processor which is integrated with the tag to provide accurate and precise location tracking. Most of the RTLS chipset manufacturers incorporate proprietary processors so as to provide low cost and high performance wireless connectivity. These chipsets are easily integrated with RTLS technologies like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, UWB and Zigbee. Due to this, chipset manufacturers allow RTLS tag manufacturers to accelerate the product introduction time.
Tag manufacturers are those companies which are involved in manufacturing RFID tags and not the software. Tags form the hardware infrastructure of RTLS systems. Tags, which are wireless, are usually attached to objects like sporting equipment, shopping carts in retail outlets, objects in a warehouse and also worn by people. These tags wirelessly communicate with the receivers and transmit location and data. The battery life of tags is decided by the applications that they are used for. RTLS tags have a fixed transmission rate based on the technology used that sends out data at fixed intervals. RTLS tags are the key cog in the RTLS devices and other navigational devices manufacturing process and thus, the manufacturing of this component is highly critical for the value chain.
Software is the significant component for location tracking technologies. The location engine software communicates with location sensors to transmit the location data to the tagged entities. This transmits the complete data to the particular middleware. The location engine software and middleware, run on the same system or on different machines. This is related to client interface which includes web browser-based or mobile interface.
Once RTLS is installed in a firm, it is very important to know how to increase the value of the firm with RTLS. Improved human decision making can take place only when these systems are used meaningfully. Therefore, there are firms that provide RTLS service to its customers by managing the data analytics part of it. Major companies that provide such a service are Zebra technologies (U.S), Bespoon (France) and Quuppa (Finland). Statsports’s new product viper pod which is the global leading performance tracking tool for elite sports teams in a market on a daily basis by collecting both training and game-day data.
Excerpts Market Growth Factors
- High level of automation and technological awareness are the factors that drive market penetration. The evolving capabilities of sports RTLS solutions will also have a significant impact on the adoption of these systems.
- Growing applications in sports such as smart wearable devices and clothing will attribute to the demand of RTLS in sports to improve the accuracy of the decisions.
- Active RFID technology is the dominant segment while personnel tracking application is the fastest growing application, with logistics being the biggest end user vertical.
- Utilization of Bluetooth RTLS systems is growing at a very high rate and these systems are projected to play a key role as customer demand increases for high security, standardized and cost effective RTLS solutions.
- Due to the benefits offered by these technologies, they are preferred for process automation.
Request for table of contents of the RTLS Market report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players in the Real Time Location Systems in the Sports Market
Plus Location Systems stood top when it comes to the key players section. This followed by Tracktio and Quippa. Ubisense launched RTLS solutions for enterprise applications based on Google Maps, myWorld. This new product is intended to increase adoption in enterprise market by enhancing efficiency and accuracy. CenTrak launched a new patient tag with clinical grade locating functionality. The increased demand for this functionality from Hospitals has led to an improved patient care and operational efficiency. Trimble Tracker RFID system which uses ThingMagic RFID Technology was launched by Trimble.
|Q-Track||Idolink||ChyronHego (ZXY Tracking)|
|Ubisense||Kinexon – Precision Technologies||Star Sports|
|Catapult Sports||Zebra Technologies Corporation||Ekahau Inc;|
|Oatsystems||Open RTLS (Decawave)||Bespoon|
|And 50+ Companies|
Real Time Location System in Sports Market Report is segmented as indicated below.
- Real Time Location System in Sports Market Analysis By Components:
- Real Time Location System in Sports Market Share By Technology
- 1 Passive RFID
- 2 Active RFID
- 1 Zigbee Technology
- 2 Wi-Fi
- 3 GPS
- 4 Bluetooth
- 5 UWB (Ultra Wide Band)
- 6 Others
- Real Time Location System in Sports Market Size By Applications
- Player Training Tracking
- In Game Player Tracking
- Asset Tracking
- Real Time Location System in Sports Market Analysis By Geography (Covers 12+ countries)
- Real Time Location System in Sports Market Entropy
- Company Profiles
- Appendix: Abbreviations, Sources, Research Methodology, Bibliography, Compilation of Experts, Disclaimer.
What can you expect from the report?
The Aerosols Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- RTLS Market Size by Product Categories
- RTLS Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (12+)
- Competitor Analysis
- RTLS Market Shares Analysis
- RTLS Market Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- RTLS Market Opportunity Analysis
- RTLS Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Real Time Location System in Sports?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Real Time Location System in Sports (2018-2025)
- Europe Market for Real Time Location System in Sports (2018-2025)
- Asia Pacific Market for Real Time Location System in Sports (2018-2025)
- Tags Market for Real Time Location Systems in Sports(2018-2025)
- Services Market for Real Time Location Systems in Sports (2018-2025)
- Softwares for Real Time Location Systems in Sports (2018-2025)
- Sensors for Real Time Location Systems in Sports (2018-2025)
Talk to one of our sales representative about the RTLS Market report by providing your details in the below link:
Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customization can be discussed with our team; we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.