Tea Polyphenols Market size is estimated to reach $445.3m by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.14% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Tea is one of the ancient beverages and is the world’s second highest consumed beverage after water. Tealeaves are rich in polyphenols with several antioxidant compounds. Tea polyphenols help in adding taste and aroma to the beverages and used in the cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and others. Tea polyphenols are being used widely in recent years as they are helping in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases like parkinsons and alzheimers. Increased consumption of tea, increased health concern and having a wide range of applications are driving the market for the Tea Polyphenols Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific’s Tea Polyphenol Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand of tea and increased availability of raw material.
- Advancement in functional food and beverage industries, rising demand for health drinks, tea polyphenols having ability to treat health issues like obesity, diabetes, cancer and other diseases is fueling the market growth.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Tea Polyphenols Market report.
- The increase in the aging population, increase in usage of the tea leaves in food and beverage industries as the tea polyphenol having good health benefits, is driving the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Product Type – Segment Analysis
The global Tea Polyphenols Market based on product type has Green Tea, Oolong Tea, and Black Tea. The Green tea segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The segment is set to emerge owing to increased usage in weight loss management and to treat skin cancer and other skin diseases. These green tea polyphenols are also used as nutraceuticals. Oolong tea consists of lower polyphenol concentration than green tea and higher than that of black tea, and it is used in diseases like diabetes, which is fueling the market in this segment. Owing to the increased health-care and increases, population is supporting the growth of the tea polyphenol market during the forecasting period 2020-2025.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The Application segment of Tea Polyphenols Market has Functional Beverages, Functional Food, Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics and Others. The Functional Beverages segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to the increased consumption in the form of energy drinks and bottled tea. The dietary supplements segment is also set to have the fastest growth owing to the increased usage for weight loss and other health treatments. The dietary supplements consist of products in the form of liquids, capsules and powder. The usage of the tea polyphenols is increased in cosmetics as the polyphenols have a good effect on skin appearance and helps in reducing skin damage and other skin problems.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
Based on Geography the global Tea Polyphenols Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world. The Asia-Pacific region registers the largest share in the year 2019 and is set to have the fastest growth owing to the increased availability of raw material, increased population and increased consumption of tea in countries like China, Japan and India. North America registers the second-largest share during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the rising disposal income and high demand of functional foods. Increasing health awareness among consumers, increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases in different countries is driving the market in different regions in the world during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Tea Polyphenols Market
- Having Healthy benefits by tea polyphenol
The demand for Tea Polyphenols is driving forward owing to the increase in the consumption of healthy eating habits among the consumers. Raising demand of tea polyphenols in the nutraceuticals to treat cancers, cardiovascular diseases and skin diseases is boosting the market. Increased health benefits by consumption of green tea and usage of tea polyphenols in dietary supplements, increased urbanization is fueling the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Tea Polyphenols Market
- Having side effects on the consumption of polyphenols
The consumption of Tea Polyphenols is high, but owing to high usage, the tea polyphenols have side effects like constipation and gastronomical aliments are challenging the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Tea Polyphenols Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Tea Polyphenols Market. Key companies of this market are Amax NutraSource Inc., DuPont, FutureCeuticals, Frutarom Ltd., Layn Natural Ingredients Corp., Martin Bauer Group, Sabinsa, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Naturex , Ajinomoto OmniChem Natural Specialty and others.
- In May 2017, Frutarom Ltd launched NutraT, an instant drink powder, which has the benefits of the Mediterranean diet, is launched in functional coffees developed by Mongibello.
- In March 2019, Martin Bauer Group announced the acquisition of the BI Nutraceuticals, which is a manufacturer and supplier of plant-based ingredients in the United States. This acquisition helps in the manufacturing of U.S. tea, beverages, Food and Dietary supplements.