Car Air Freshener Market size is forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2021-2026. The changing lifestyle of the consumers and the need for quality air indoor/outdoor worldwide are significantly driving the car air fresheners market. Car air freshener market demand is propelling due to the increasing level of pollutants in the air which are also leading the rising need for the air care products that can be used in the vehicles. Additionally, the rising demand of public for sustainable and eco-friendly products along with odor eliminators, neutralizing odors, aromatic compounds are also enhancing the growth of the market. With the growing sales of car, and the demand for aromatic products made up of natural plants extracts and the launch of new car air fresheners in the form of gel-cans will further enhance the overall market demand for car air freshener industry during the forecast period.
- North America dominates the Car Air Freshener market owing to the changing consumer preferences and rising sales of vehicles in this region is poised to fuel the growth of the market.
- The increasing demand for air fresheners made up of natural extracts such as plants are also fueling the demand for the car air fresheners market.
- Growing need for gel-cans in the vehicles for providing pleasant aroma and implementation of stringent regulations to reduce pollution globally are expected to increase demand for car air fresheners in the future.
- Furthermore, the need for environmental friendly products, and demand for exotic and adoring fragrances are also anticipated to raise the growth of the Car air freshener market.
Car Air Freshener Market Segment Analysis – By Product
Gels-cans has been the primary market for Car Air Freshener. This is mostly due to the Gel-Can’s strong increase in demand not only because of its consistent scent but also because of its appealing look. It’s also found that the Gel Can lasts longer than the other air freshener’s sprays and paper vehicles. This is due to the increasing sales of car that subsequently increases the air fresheners market. Furthermore, recently Xiaomi brand Youpin launched a new car air freshener in the form of gel, with plant scent extracts. Thus, the introduction of new products made up of natural plant extracts are expected to fuel the demand, there by increasing market growth for car air fresheners market.
Car Air Freshener Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
North America dominated the Car Air Freshener market share with more than 41.3%, followed by Europe and APAC. The presence (headquarters) of major companies such as ACS Giftware Industrial Ltd., Air Delights Inc., Car Freshner Corporation among various others in North America is set to boost the Car Air Freshener market. For instance, the changing consumer preferences with the changing lifestyle is boosting the need for car air freshener market. Moreover, in the US, the sales of vehicles was more than 17 million in 2019 which is also the key factor leading to the growth of the Car Air Freshener market in North America.
Car Air Freshener Market Drivers
Demand for exotic and adoring fragrances
The changing lifestyle of the consumers is leading to the increasing expansion of automobile industry. This expansion is further leading to the need for aromatic mood enhancing fragrances which enhances the driver experiences thereby fueling the demand for more exotic and adoring fragrances for automobiles. Thus, the increasing use of natural and organic aroma enhancing elements during the manufacturing process of the cars are predominantly driving the growth of the car air fresheners market.
Implementation of Stringent Environment Regulations
Governments around the globe are concentrating greatly on increasing people’s awareness of having a safe and healthy environment, thus reducing pollution, including for aerosol propellants. Owing to the regulation and the need to lead a healthy lifestyle, air fresheners are leading to an increase in demand.
Car Air Freshener Market Challenges
Rise of Scent Allergies
The car air fresheners are widely used in vehicles for providing pleasant fragrances to the driver and other passengers, but this pleasant fragrance is made up of chemical compounds which can lead to headaches, nausea, sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes to more serious respiratory reactions. Moreover, the rise of scent allergies among the individual has developed sensitivities or allergies with respect to specific chemical compounds which can be harmful for health. This significant disadvantage caused due to air freshener made up of certain chemical compounds leads to hinder the growth of car air freshener market.
Car Air Freshener Market Landscape
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are the key strategies adopted by players in the Car Air Freshener market. In 2018, the market of Car Air Freshener has been consolidated by the top ten players. Major players in the Car Air Freshener Market are ACS Giftware Industrial Ltd., Ada Electrotech (Xiamen) Co. Ltd., Air Delights Inc., California Scents, Car Freshener Corporation, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Godrej Household Products, Procter & Gamble and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc and among others.
- In June 2019, Unilever-owned male grooming brand Lynx has partnered with Custom Accessories Europe Ltd (CAE) for the launch of a premium range of car air fresheners. Furthermore, the new car air fresheners will contain Lynx’s hero fragrances that consists of Africa, Dark Temptation, Ice Chill and Black and Gold. Also, Lynx new program will open up latest standards in which consumers can receive the desired products leading to the substantial growth of the market.
- In January 2019, Youpin, Xiaomi’s crowdfunding platform launched a new car air freshener product. This product is mainly mounted on the car air vent, and is also known as car air vent aromatherapy that is extracted from plants.